What is Travel Training?
Travel training is a free service that will help you use public transport and increase your independence. Public Transport has become more accessible and we can show you how much easier it is to use.
- Have you always wanted to catch public transport but lacked the
confidence to do so?
- Unsure of different routes?
- Confused by timetables?
- Unsure of connecting points?
Access Sydney Community Transport can support you by providing training through two different modes:
- Group Learning Sessions
- Individual Support
Who is Eligible?
Anyone who lives in the Ashfield, Burwood, Canada Bay, Canterbury, Leichhardt, Marrickville and Strathfield Local Government Areas.
It is suitable for:
- People who have little experience with public transportation.
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse languages.
- Job Seekers.
- People with disabilities
- Migrants and Refugees
- Others who do not meet restricted eligibility requirements of other transport programs
About the Program
The group learning sessions will provide you with the tools and information to independently access public transport.
This will include information about:
- Opal Cards
- Online trip planner tools
- Real-time programs
Our travel trainers will meet with you to:
- Discuss your specific needs
- Help you to plan your trip
- Go with you on your trip
- Help you to review your journey
- Offer ongoing support
Please call 8241 8000 and the Travel Training Coordinator will meet with you and discuss your needs.